Now that September has rolled around, it is beginning to fill like fall. The air is getting crisper and the leaves are starting to change. Fall is my favorite season, partly because of the cute clothes, and partly because of the delicious food. Apples are a staple for the fall. So, I decided to make some delicious apple cinnamon muffins, but tried to make them healthier than the standard muffin.
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple (1/2 cup) peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease muffin pan
- In a bowl, combine Greek yogurt, canola oil, sugar, egg whites and vanilla extract
- In another bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- Chop, or blend, apples and mix with rest of ingredients
- Pour batter into muffin tins
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool
For an added bonus, I sprinkled some brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Yum! Delicious! If you would like a printable version of the recipe click here. I also included the nutritional information. Not too bad for a muffin!
What are some of your favorite fall foods?