I am always a fan of quick, healthy breakfasts. These “cookies” are great for a fast, satisfying breakfast. They taste great in my opinion, but don’t expect them to taste like a standard, guilty pleasure cookie. The applesauce, raisins, and brown sugar give the cookie some sweetness, and the Greek yogurt gives them a nice, chewy texture. Hopefully they help get my days off to a good start this week!
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 2 cups quick-cooking oats
• 1/4 cup raisins
• Preheat oven to 375 F.
• Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
• Using hands, form dough into small balls and put on greased cookie sheet.
• Bake the cookies until they turn a light golden brown.
• Allow cookies to cool and set before eating.
Click here for a printable version of the recipe. These cookies are a light, satisfying breakfast, that you don’t have to feel guilty about. Enjoy!
What do you like to have for breakfast?