I absolutely love fall! I love sweaters and boots, but more importantly I love fall food! I practically love anything apple or pumpkin flavored! While all these treats are delicious, I also like to try and keep things at least slightly healthy! With this recipe, I tried to lighten up a personal favorite…pumpkins scones!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Stevia
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Mix whole wheat flour, sugar, Stevia, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in one bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, almond milk, and egg in another bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Then stir in softened butter.
- Roll dough into a ball.
- Flatten dough out into a long rectangle on a floured or lined baking sheet.
- Cut the dough into triangles. I ended up with 8 scones, but you can make yours as big or small as you would like.
- Bake in oven for approximately 14 minutes.
- If desired, cover with cinnamon sugar glaze while still warm.
Cinnamon Sugar Glaze:
- Combine 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk and ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon. Stir until smooth.
Now, don’t go crazy and call these scones healthy, but they are definitely healthier than your standard scone! Click here for printable recipe!