As you have probably already figured out by now, I am obsessed with pumpkin food. I also really love substituting whole wheat flour in my baked goods. These two loves combined led to…Pumpkin Butter Stuffed Whole Wheat Muffins! Warning: These are hearty whole wheat muffins, which in my opinion, makes them perfect! Even better, no oil or butter, and just one egg white!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons Pumpkin Butter (I made my own in the crockpot!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, agave, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. (dry ingredients)
- In a medium bowl combine the Greek yogurt, egg white, milk, and vanilla. (wet ingredients)
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 way full with batter. Then spoon 1 teaspoon of pumpkin butter into the center of the batter. Then cover the pumpkin butter with more batter, covering the pumpkin butter the best you can, and fill the muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Repeat for each muffin cup.
- Bake the muffins for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Click here for a printable recipe!
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?